There is no denying that the maritime industry deals with persistent cybersecurity threats, and greater awareness needs to be shed on this industry. Gnostech’s blog has explored such threats to the maritime industry and how systems for both sea- and land-based activities have become increasingly susceptible to hacking. Actors exploit vulnerabilities among software and technology as the industry relies on automation and remote monitoring. Implementing published software patches and updates is the most proactive step these companies can take to fill vulnerability gaps and ensure compliance, however this can be a difficult feat for maritime companies due to the following:
- Patching and update distribution is a time-consuming, costly, and labor-intensive process;
- Effectively operating and updating systems in a low bandwidth environment;
- The need to verify that patches and software updates do not negatively impact functionality and operational capability of critical systems; and
- Deploying patches and software updates to globally dispersed operational units that have minimal technical support.
Is there a vulnerability management solution to ease these challenges facing maritime companies?
Gnostech is attending San Diego BlueTech Week, a five-day event taking place this week to bring together professionals, investors, educators, and government officials to collaborate on issues, engage in key topics and develop partnerships that promote BlueTech and Blue Jobs. In addition to Gnostech’s president, James Espino, moderating two maritime related panel discussions, we will be exhibiting at the BlueTech & Blue Economy Tech Expo. The highlight of our exhibit will be VulnX, our automated vulnerability management solution to suit the dynamic needs of the maritime industry. This scalable, modular solution:
- Provides structured cybersecurity compliance in complex environments while reducing administrative burdens;
- Customizable to meet particular compliance and functionality requirements; and
- Deploys patch and software updates without interference to mission critical operations and systems; and
Attending BlueTech Week? Stop by our booth to learn more about VulnX.
About Gnostech Inc.:
Gnostech Inc. is an applied engineering and consulting company with expertise in information assurance and cybersecurity engineering, and major combat and space systems development and integration. For more information, visit www.gnostech.com, or stay connected by following us on LinkedIn or @GnostechInc on Twitter.